Places and Areas Need to Be Waterproofed
1. In the construction process, when the pipeline and floor where the drain pass through, the waterproof layer around the hole must be constructed carefully. The water pipes are buried in the wall to achieve reasonable layout. The water pipes are laid in grooves larger than the pipe diameter. The plastering in the grooves is smooth, and then the polyurethane waterproof coating is applied in the grooves. The floor of the kitchen and toilet must slope to the floor drain, and the slope should be increased appropriately. When decorating the pipes in the kitchen and toilet, the original drainage and sewage pipes and floor drain positions should be avoided as far as possible, and the leakage caused by the damage of the waterproof layer caused by the re drainage of pipes and chiseling of the floor slab should be avoided.
2. Kitchen is a place of home decoration with high quality requirements, which is second only to the toilet and has more water contact. Therefore, in the waterproofing area, it is naturally more valued. Therefore, as an important space for water use, the kitchen is very necessary to be waterproofed.
3. When the toilet washes, the water will splash on the adjacent wall. If there is no protection of the waterproof layer, the wall and the top corner wall are prone to damp and and grow mildew. So we must apply a good wall waterproof layer before the wall tiles installed. In the general waterproofing treatment, the waterproof layer of wall should be made 30cm high, but for the non load bearing light wall, the whole wall should be waterproofed, at least 1.8meters high.
How to Apply the Waterproof Layer?
1. Clean the ground and the wall. First, remove the protrusions, mortar and pimples on the surface of the concrete base course with a shovel, broom and tools, and clean the dust and debris. The internal and external corners, pipe roots, floor drain and other parts should be carefully cleaned to ensure good waterproofing effect in the later stage.
2. Roller or brush the ground to wet state. Roller or brush with water on the brushing surface, the brushing surface is completely wet without water, but not watering. Note: if the the concrete base is not wet enough, when brushing waterproof, the base will absorb the water in the waterproof, causing the waterproof cracking in the drying process. If there is water in the base, it will dilute the waterproof, resulting in unqualified of the waterproofing layers.
3. The waterproof layer recommend to be painted three times, evenly and without bottom exposure.
- The first time: use sinomaco polyurethane coating or cementitious waterproofing coating to treat all parts of the internal corner of the wall into a circular arc, and then fill the surrounding of the sewer pipe into a circular arc.
- The second time: transverse brushing waterproof one time until no bottom exposure, no blistering and in line with the brushing size requirements. The water and electricity slotting tank all need to be waterproofed.
- The third time: after drying of the layer within 24hrs, brush again in the vertical direction. Note: the kitchen and toilet are watery areas. In order to prevent water from leaking to the other side of the wall along the trough, brushing them vertically and horizontally can not only increase the mutual bonding of each layer of coating, but also supplement the shortcomings of brushing each other.
4. Waterproof height of waterproofing areas.
- The floor of kitchen, toilet and balcony should be brushed or roller with waterproof coating;
- The kitchen wall is brushed in the height of 300 mm with the coating;
- The cleaning and washing sink should be 1,200 mm and 1,000 mm in width;
- And1800mm X1200mm at the bathing place or as design, 900mm on both sides of the wall in case of corner;
- The coating height and width at the water sink are 500mm X 1000mm respectively or as designed.
Checking Before Acceptance
In the acceptance process, the closed water testing shall not be conducted 48 hours after the completion of waterproofing construction, and the ground drainage height shall be based on the waterproof coating that has not passed the wall , pipe heel and ground protrusion.
48 hours later, check whether the ceiling in the downstairs is leaking. If there is no leakage, you can paste the tiles. If there is leakage, the ground or wall waterproofing should be done again.
After that, another 48 hour closed water testing shall be conducted again until there is no leakage in the ceiling downstairs
Post time: Jul-07-2021